The hospital, which was designed by William Murphy, opened as the Maryborough Asylum in 1833. It was extended in 1865 and again in 1898. It became Port Laoise Mental Hospital in the 1920s and went on to become St. Fintan’s Hospital in the 1950s
Major restoration work currently being done at St Fintan’s Hospital Portlaoise which is a protected structure. The replacement and refurbishment of Sash windows incorporating is our Slim-glaze range which will ensure that the old style look of the windows are kept but also having the maximum benefit of heat retention with our low U-value, thin double glazing.